From: NIPP, SCOTT V (SBCSI) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2002 9:24 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: [PHP-DB] Remote Oracle database questions...

        I have now been granted access to a remote Oracle database that I
need to query.  All of the work that I have done with databases and PHP has
been focused on MySQL, does anyone know of a good tutorial for PHP with
Oracle?  My immediate question is how do I get logged into the remote
database to perform my query?  I notice that there is a Oracle function in
PHP called ora_logon.  This function description mentions something about
logging in using 'user@TNSNAME'.  I am pretty confused by what this means.
        Thanks in advance for the help.

Scott Nipp
Phone:  (214) 858-1289