Thank You Jason for replying back.

I am still new to this and sometimes it is hard to ask question because I
don't know all the terms or how to word my problem.

Ok I switch my php.ini to error reporting to maximum (error_reporting  =
E_ALL)  and write off the bat I got this error message.

Notice: Undefined index: Submit in c:\program files\apache
group\apache\htdocs\sunwestsilver\admin\tmp3hdt979rwz.php on line 5

My code at that line is:

#    // This section is only run when the form has been submitted
#    if($HTTP_POST_VARS['Submit']=='Login') (This is line 5)
#  {
#    session_start();
#    // Check whether the login details are correct, and put
#   // the user status into a session variable.
#   $statusCheck = check_login($HTTP_POST_VARS);
#   if ($statusCheck == "Admin" || $statusCheck == "Staff")
#      {
#      session_register("statusCheck");
#      header("Location: menu.php");
#     }
#  }

>Rather than debug your code for you, here are a couple of pointers:
>
> 1) Bypass the login page, hardcode the login details and see whether that
gets
> you logged in.

This make sense.  I will try this. I got the code from "Dreamweaver MX: PHP
web Dev" book  and I double checked to make sure everything was type right,
I good. I can't write code out right from the head yet.  Remember I still
new to this and I am learning by reading code and try to visualize what is
going on and now learning to troubleshoot. ;-)

> 2) Use print_r() on your major variables in strategic places in your code
> see what's happening to them as they pass through your code.

Thx I will try this.  It will be my first time using it.

ThX for your help.  Could you help me with my error or see if this was
written it wrong.

ThX Jason

David

"Jason Wong" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> On Tuesday 17 December 2002 14:42, David wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am pretty new to PHP and I am trying to create a admin login page so
my
> > client can view thier product line and orders.  I have MySQL set-up
> > properly and have data in it and I am able to view information from the
db
> > with no problem. I do all my testing on my local machine before I blast
it
> > to the main web server.  I am using 2000XP Pro, Apache/1.3.23 (Win32)
and