Generally, you want to use the LIMIT function.

SELECT num FROM myfile ORDER BY num LIMIT 3;

However, if the values may be repeated (e.g., 1,1,1,2,4,4,5), the query
above will return 1,1,1.
If you are interested in the three lowest values and not just smallest
entries, add DISTINCT

SELECT DISTINCT num FROM myfile ORDER BY num LIMIT 3;
  which will return 1,2,4

I hope this answers your question.

Merry Christmas,
Doug