this can be done with Full Text Searching....depending on DB compatability.

if you use mysql - http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Fulltext_Search.html

HTH
Jeff

                    "Mike Delorme"

                    <crazymonkey1385@ho       To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    tmail.com>                cc:

                                              Subject:     [PHP-DB] Searching DB and
Printing Results
                    12/30/2002 11:53 AM

Hi,

I have a table in DB Music that looks a little mike this:

TABLE NAME
    SONG NAME                SONG LYRICS
|                       | |                          |
|                       | |                          |
|                       | |                          |
|                       | |                          |
|                       | |                          |
|                       | |                          |
|                       | |                          |
|                       | |                          |
|                       | |                          |
|                       | |                          |
|_______________________| |__________________________|

In each row of SONG NAME is the name of a song and the corisponding lyrics
are in the next colum. What I would like to do is set up a search in wich
the client can enter a sequence of words. The search searches the DB table
TABLE NAME and looks for the word sequence in the table. The printed
results
are the song name and a link to the lyrics. Can this be done? And how can
it
be done?

Thanks,
Michael Delorme