From: Hutchins, Richard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, January 03, 2003 4:50 PM
To: 'Robert Wagner'; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [PHP-DB] Re: Is MySQL available from my host.

I'm pretty sure it is possible. Unless I'm wrong, PHP, by default, is
compiled with MySQL support. So, what you're seeing could be a result of
that default condition. Just because it's compiled with support for MySQL,
doesn't necessarily mean that they will provide the database server.

Please, other list members correct me if I'm wrong.

On the other hand, you don't need a web host to try out dynamic web pages.
You can configure Apache, MySQL and PHP on your local machine and do
everything locally that you would do remotely.