I've not worked with Flash, so if anyone has experience I'd appreciate their comments.

I understand that Flash presentations are developed on a Windows box, using Flash MX (FMX), I also understand that FMX has a scripting language, so it can be used to create forms, display data, etc.

My questions are:

1. Can the Flash file be served by any web server, or does it need its own server running on the same machine as the web server?

2. Can PHP feed data to the Flash script, and vice versa? I am assuming it operates much like Javascript, entirely through the browser plug-in.

I guess what I'm really asking is whether, after initial development of the Flash file can the the rest be done from a LInux/BSD box with PHP and one of the databases PHP talks to, or is it more efficient, in this case, to go the Microsoft .asp and SQL-Server route.

Regards - Miles Thompson