Here is a part of my code:

while ($image_row = mysql_fetch_array($result_images)){

                                    $image1 = $image_row[0]["image1"];

                                    if ($image1 == ""){

                                    $image1 = $folder."logo.jpg";// it
places a log when there are no images

                                    $caption1 = $image_row[0]["caption"];

This loop fetches the row and assigns the two variables $image1 and
$caption1 with its associated value from the fields in the 1st row.

How can I get the loop to fetch in the same way as above but from the 2nd
row and assigns the values to the new variable $image2 and $caption2 until
it reaches the 9th row with $image9 and $caption9?

thanks again