Hello! I set up PHP on a Sun Solaris box a week ago (see phpinfo output below). It has oracle 7.3.4 and php 4.0.4pl1 so I'm using the --with-oracle configure option. Due to a special module we're using we're stuck with using that php version (4.0.4pl1).
At first I was getting the ORA-12154 TNS:could not resolve service name error almost every time. I then followed the instructions to set the ORACLE_HOME and TNS_ADMIN environment variables in apaches http.conf. I've also tried using the putenv function to set the variables. This really improved the situation but when I found it was still not working I wrote a small java program that calls the php page every 15 seconds. About 10% of the time I get the TNS (ORA-12154) error but the other 90% it works perfect. This applies both to selecting and inserting data. -- partial output from phpinfo() -- System SunOS red 5.7 Generic_106541-15 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-250 Build Date Jan 29 2003 Configure Command './configure' '--with-apxs=/opt/apache/bin/apxs' '--with-mysql=no' '--with-oracle=/opt/app/oracle/product/7.3.4/' oracle Oracle Support enabled Oracle Version 7.3 Compile-time ORACLE_HOME /opt/app/oracle/product/7.3.4/ Libraries Used I really need to get this working so all ideas would be appreciated. Best regards, Maron Kristˇfersson ReykjavÝk Iceland -- PHP Database Mailing List (http://www.php.net/) To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php