On Tuesday 10 June 2003 11:43, Steve B. wrote:

> Yes I could make a form that loops the db fields and an update page that
> loops the form fields and creates an UPDATE string. This is the correct way
> yes?

> The reason I'm asking is because I have more sites and this will take a lot
> of editing and also I'd like to understand the differences here- for
> instance if it is all asp objects doing this for me then it is possible to
> write ones in php that do same?

Or you can use a class which encapsulates much of the underlying lower level
logic & commands. One such beast is ADOdb which is of particular interest for
people coming from an ASP background as the API is modelled on ADO.

New Year's Eve is the time of year when a man most feels his age,
and his wife most often reminds him to act it.
                -- Webster's Unafraid Dictionary