I might be overlooking something, but can't you just do this?

$query = "SELECT s_id, subnet_name,subnetaddr,subnetmask,dnsdomain,
    location, contact, ccn FROM subnets ORDER BY subnetaddr";

If you can't, you can sort the array like this.

<?
$query = "SELECT s_id, subnet_name,subnetaddr,subnetmask,dnsdomain,
    location, contact, ccn FROM subnets";
$results = mysql_query( $query );

while ( $iptable = mysql_fetch_array( $result ) ) {
    $iptable['subnetaddr'] = ip2long( $iptable['subnetaddr'] );
}
?>

You can subsequently sort the array for the desired result.

Edward Dudlik
Becoming Digital
www.becomingdigital.com