What don't you use a session var like $HTTP_SESSION_VARS['folder'] =
'folder1' or = 'folder2'. If the user switch the directories after the login
you verify if the $HTTP_SESSION_VARS['folder'] is good for any of the two
session, if not session_destroy() and go to the login page. You may do that
by creating a new file 'verifyFolder.php':

<?php
    session_start();
    if (isset($HTTP_SESSION_VARS['folder']) && $HTTP_SESSION_VARS['folder']
!= 'folder1' && $Username ...){
        session_destroy();
        header('Location:login.php')
    }
?>

and to any file in the folder add in the first line

<?php
require_once('verifyFolder.php');
?>

it's easiear this way to verify the rights in one file and include him to
all other. This way you are sure the session is starting and the code is
easiear to debug
Cristian MARIN - Developer
InterAKT Online (www.interakt.ro)
Tel:         +4021 312.53.12