One simple way:

   header("Location: http:/your.server.name/path/to/main_page.php?err=$errcode");
   exit();

And then emit an error in main_page.php if $_GET['err'] is set.

If you're using sessions, another way would be to set an error variable in the session.

Cheers!

Mike

Beckett Park, LEEDS,  LS6 3QS,  United Kingdom
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]