you could first check for isset($_POST['keyword']) and then if that passes
check what keywords you have.  or you could write an additional html tag to
the page like.  <input type="hidden" name="keyword[]" value="NA">.  This
would force the $_POST['keyword'] array to exist and then you'd have to
strip that from your array when processing it

                      Keith Wilkinson
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
            >                cc:
                                               Subject:  [PHP-DB] Determining if
checkbox is selected in PHP
                      09/09/2003 08:09

I'm storing the values from a groups of checkboxes
in an array "keyword[]", but $_POST['keyword'] is
undefined if none of the checkboxes is checked.
I tried using "in_array()" with $_POST to determine
if any of the group of 'keyword' checkboxes is checked,
but can't get it to work;  does anyone have any

PHP Database Mailing List (
To unsubscribe, visit:

PHP Database Mailing List (
To unsubscribe, visit: