[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

How can I authenticate users against the database using NTLM instead of
Basic Authentication?

Instead of manually logging in, each user's NT account will automatically
allow or deny access.

Is there somewhere in the php.ini file where I have to enable the NTLM
module?

Mark,

You need to get hold of mod_auth_sspi for Apache.
This succeeds the old mod_auth_ntlm, now out of development.

v1.0.1 for Apache 2.0.45 is the latest version I have found.

Here's the last location I have:
http://www.gknw.net/development/apache/httpd-2.0/win32/modules/

Add it to your httpd.conf file with something like:
LoadModule sspi_auth_module modules/mod_auth_sspi.so

It likes to be the last entry in your modules list.

Then switch on SSPI authentication in one of your httpd.conf
directory definitions:

<Directory "D:/">
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
        # SSPI authentication
        AuthName "My secure area"
        AuthType SSPI
        SSPIAuth On
        SSPIAuthoritative On
        require valid-user
</Directory>

The "require valid-user" means that any user who is a
valid user of your domain (ie, has an NT account) will be
allowed in.

If I've left anything out the readme file in the mod
archive should fill in the blanks.  ;)

I've been using this solution successfully for about
two years, by the way.  Works very well.

Peter.