Howdy List,

I am a little confused in incorporating a drop down menu into my select
I have a very simple 1 table database that contains my DVD collection.

Right now - very simply it connects to the database, and then produces
the results of the search based on a

$result = mysql_query ("SELECT * FROM movies");

This then produces the results onto the page in the tables that I have

This was fine when I only had 50 or so dvd's - I am nearing the 500
mark, and it is WAY past time to add a search

This is where I get lost.

I can get into mysql monitor, and I can pull out using SELECT * FROM
movies WHERE genre LIKE *******
And then I have a selection of Genre's that I can enter to generate the

What I am trying to do is incorporate some selection drop down menus
that would make the search process easier.

Example: search for movies where {dropdown1} is {equal or like}
Dropdown 1 would be my first criteria: movie name, director, lead actor,
The equal or like would be a standard textfield to be filled in.

I hope that I am making sense here.

If anybody can shed some light onto a confused newbie (the php script
above was written at my old place of employment for me - otherwise I
could ask them) it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

"Come to the edge, Life said.
They said: We are afraid.
Come to the edge, Life said.
They came.
It pushed them...and they FLEW."
-Guillaume Apollinaire 1870-1918
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,
for there you have been and there you long to return."

PHP Database Mailing List (
To unsubscribe, visit: