First, I will admit that I am new to PHP. I'm installing PHP on our Windows
2K / IIS server for some users who want to use it. We also host SQL Server
7 for websites. I'm getting the following error on the server, and on the
PHP Warning: Unknown(): Invalid library (maybe not a PHP library) 'msql.dll'
in Unknown on line 0
Here is what I have done so far:
- I originally installed PHP 4.3.3 on the server using the Windows Installer
- Uncommented out the extension=php_mssql.dll line inside of the php.ini
- Figured out that I needed to download the extensions since they weren't
included in the Installer version.
- Added all of the php_*.dll files to the same directory as the PHP.EXE
file. (I've also tried putting these in the WINNT\System32 directory, with
the same luck.)
- Made sure the msql.dll file is in the same directory as the PHP.EXE file.
(Again...tried in the WINNT\System32 directory.)
- Made sure the ntwdblib.dll file was in the same directory as the PHP.EXE
file. (As above...tried the WINNT\System32 directory.)
Originally, I was having problems with an error about the msql.dll file not
being found. Once I had it put into place, then the current error message
came about, and I have not been able to get it to go away.
I've tried about everything I could find on the Internet about this type of
error. The strange thing is that it appears to be talking to SQL Server
just fine, since the PHPBB program I also installed for one user connected
to the database at least long enough to create all of the tables and fields
required in the install.php file.
I keep seeing information about having to recompile the PHP.EXE with certain
settings using FreeTDS, but from what I have gathered, that is only required
if running on Linux. (Right??)
Any help anyone can give me would be great.
PHP Database Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php