1. Is the function allowed by MySQL?
2. Can you execute the function before the query, assign what it returns to a var, then place the var in your query?

Miles

At 04:43 PM 12/10/2003 +0100, antonio bernabei wrote:
Hi,
I need to make a join between two tables. And I can use the mysql_query
function: this is ok.
The problem arises because I need to apply a user defined function to a
field of one of the two tables and the rule for the join is WHERE
table1.filed1=function(table2.field2).
But I receive a lot of errors: it seems like is not allowed to put such a
function in the text of the query. Or there is a possibility?
Thanks
Antonio Bernabei