Mensaje citado por Christine Clerc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Well, I had tried this :
> SELECT DISTINCT id_script FROM readme WHERE id_language = $languageorignin;
> But then I have to do this with the selection :
> SELECT DISTINCT id_script FROM readme WHERE id_language != $languagetarget;
> but it cannot work since I get back the id_script from the first selection !
>
> See a sample of the table :
>
> id_readme, id_script, id-language
> 1, 2, 4
> 2, 3, 1
> 3, 3, 4
> 4, 4, 4
>
> All the scripts are in english, but one has been already translated
> into French.
>
> I want to say to the translator that works from english to french,
> 1) you have script 2 and 4 to translate
> 2) you can rewrite the translation of script 3 (this second question
> I have manage with creating a temporary table).
>
> I don't think the newest version of mysql will be on the server.

I think the problem was the selection of the database server. If you need special
features like sub-select you shouldn't have chossen MySQL.

By the way, I think it may be posible to build a query that does what you want, but
it would involve UNION and lots of quiery work.

--
select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar' AS email;