When will people learn that attributes in HTML ,and *especially* in forms MUST BE QUOTED ! This will really really screw you up if you ever have to make an xhtml page (and you'll be back here again). Please please get into this practice, it will save you a lot of headaches even short term.

So, change your line to

<input name="link" id="link" type="text" cols="40" value="<?=$query_data[4]?>" />

Cheers - Neil.

At 18:10 28/01/2004 +0000, you wrote:
From: "David T-G" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PHP DB list" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "Florian Habegger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2004 16:25
Subject: Re: [PHP-DB] test
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
From: "Georg Herland" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 19:05:28 +0100
Subject: Inserting querydata as default value in form

Hi!

I hav made a simle page to insert update and delete data in MYSQL.
I try to put existing data into a standard form field to make editing
easyer:
<input name=link TYPE=TEXT cols=40 value=$query_data[4]>
Problem is when the text data contains a space ie "Look here". Then only the
first word show. To display both words i have to update the data to
"Look_here" witch isn't really looking good.
A good suggestion, anyone?

TIA Georg :-)

CaptionKit http://www.captionkit.com : Production tools
for accessible subtitled internet media, transcripts
and searchable video. Supports Real Player, Quicktime
and Windows Media Player.

VideoChat with friends online, get Freshly Toasted every
day at http://www.fresh-toast.net : NetMeeting solutions
for a connected world.