Howdy Listers,

The Background:
I am making dynamic, color-coded, png images of the floor plan of a
building and displaying them in a browser.  Numerous radioactivity sensors
throughout the building send their readings to a MySQL dB, and the web
page queries the dB, and depending on the readings, the areas specific to
the sensors will appear green for normal, yellow for high but acceptable,
and red for critical.  All this works OK.

The Problem:
Neither the HTML nor JavaScript code I usually use for automatically
refreshing a page has any effect if the header("Content-type: image/png")
necessary for displaying the png image is included. If I comment out the
header() line, the page refreshes, but the image data comes through as
hieroglyphics.  Obviously, I need to refresh the page to get the latest
data, and to create and display the corresponding image.

The Question:
Is there any way to automatically refresh a web page displaying a png
image?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/insights into how I can solve this
problem.

dave