Strange problem with mySQLTry to put backslashes before each single quote:
$query="UPDATE users set pw=\'$hash\' WHERE id=\'$user\'";
Remember to put them whenever you need to introduce special characters.

Daniel
  "Craig Brown" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escribió en el mensaje news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

  I am trying to update a database that I use

   to store user names and the hashed values of passwords. The database name is Login,
the table is "users".

  I have the following commands in my php file.

          @ $db=mysql_pconnect('localhost','apache','password');
          mysql_select_db('Login');
          $query="UPDATE users set pw='$hash' WHERE id='$user'";
          $results = mysql_query($query);

  The result is always false. If I enter the value of $query into a console (such as
mysqlcc). The command works fine. Any ideas?

  Thanks!

  Craig