> Not to mention that I hate using others code

i dont agrre with that, i guess probably you write your own string/date
handling functions, you write your own code to connect to database and other
stuffs right? :-)

> it will take about as long to convert that to something workable in PHP,
as it
> will figuring out how to do it in PHP....

the code is good, and is very easy to integrate it with PHP and with your
table, you have all the data that is needed, the idea is not to port the
code to php. Probably you didnt read the script documentation.

If you don't want to use javascript for some reason like your browser
doesn't support it (ex: lynx :-) ) or because you want to do a only
server-side implementation that would only be usefull if you have a really
big node list, in that case the php only version would be better or if you
want a static tree menu.

The PEAR::HTML_TreeMenu can be coded entirely in php but uses javascript to
expand/contract the menus, this is transparent to the programmer, but uses
javascript anyway.