--- Jason Wong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The point is that you should understand *what* is
> going on with the examples.
> It's only when you've understood something that you
> can then apply it to
> other situations.

Your right and I agree with you.  My perspective is
that the example(s) in the manual does not actually
address my particular situation.
In the manual example it's showing the session
variable
set to the value of count.  If that value of count
changes, it's updated in the variable.

> The 'something' in your particular case is the data
> from the form on Page1. Eg
$_SESSION['variable'] = $_POST['myforminput'];

Yes, I've tried this, it didn't work so I'm doing
something wrong.
I'm not sure if
A) in the field area do i keep the value set as
"value="<?php echo $_SESSION['MyName']; ?>"> or is
that where my mistake is happening ?

MyName is the value not the variable
so I think this is the right way to register the
variable: $_SESSION['name'] = $_POST['myname'];

Maybe I leave the value blank and rely on the field
name ?

Stuart