Anatol - you seem to be mixing up PHP with Firebird internal UDF, the two have nothing in common.

FIRST. Can you actually access Firebird from PHP ( forget UDF totally at this stage ).

PHP on Linux needs installing with php_ibase.so in order to access the ibase_/fbird_ functions.

Once you have Firebird installed and running then you could look at adding UDF's, but they have nothing to do with PHP, and need to be compiled on their own.

The firebird-php list will help with getting Firebird running, but you need the firebird-support list for UDF's - it's not a PHP problem!

Anatol ogórek wrote:

I noticed, that in the newest PHP release there was added udf file for
interbase/firebird , that allows to execute php functions from sql. I
got interested in it, but after few hours of trying I gave up...
I use Firebidr 1.5 default instalation.

I compile udf file as it is written in c file:
gcc -shared `php-config --includes` `php-config --ldflags`  `php-config
--libs` -o php_ibase_udf.so php_ibase_udf.c
SNIP

Another question is how to open transaction for two different
connections. I saw in changelog that it is possible in newest version....
http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.ibase-trans.php
Just add a another pair of arguments for each connection you want to combine in a 2-phase commit.

--
Lester Caine