From: Merlin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: php-db@lists.php.net
Subject: [PHP-DB] most popular places
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 16:08:54 +0100

Hi there,

I am trying to do a tricky task with PHP and MySQl 4.0.x

There are 3 content tables where each of them contains a city_id
and there is a 4th table which holds the city_id and the acording city_name

Now I would like to find out the most used city names.

For example:

members         pictures        reports
3               4               3
2               9               8
9               8               8

So the most used city_ids are
8
3
9

To find this out would be a chelenging task, but to merge them with the city name is even more difficult

I am working on this quite a while now and cant find a way. Maybe someone of you guys could give me a smart push.

Thank you for any help,

Merlin