Craig Hoffman wrote:
Hey Folks,
I have a script that times out the session if there is no activity in a certain amount of time. If there is no activity the HEADER() redirects to the logout page and kills the session. Everything works fine on our test server, but when I test the script on the production server, I get an error "HEADERS ALREADY SENT..." after no activity. I know all this stuff needs to be on top, before any XHTML.

The test server has reg globals = OFF and the production server has them set to ON. I can't change the any PHP.INI settings on the production server. Both servers are running PHP 4.3.10. Other than that PHP installation is close to identical. Any ideas / thoughts on what's causing the production server to send this error out? Something to steer me in the right direction... I'm attaching a code snippet to look at:

Something is generating output before you get there - it could be as simple as:
---
<?php
$stuff = '';
?>

<?php
$otherstuff = '';
?>
---
Did you spot it? That's right - a carriage return was sent. Since your application works locally, I'd have to assume something is sending output before your scripts even start. Is there any kind of header, wrapper, server-side include, or anything around the script - or perhaps you're making use of output buffering and the server isn't allowing its use?

cheers,
--
- Martin Norland, Sys Admin / Database / Web Developer, International Outreach x3257
The opinion(s) contained within this email do not necessarily represent those of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.