[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
C:\>mysqldump --version
mysqldump  Ver 9.09 Distrib 4.0.16, for Win95/Win98 (i32)
[snip]
Ummm. What version are you using, Martin?

David

fairly fresh I'm afraid.

        mysqldump  Ver 10.9 Distrib 4.1.9, for pc-linux-gnu (i686)

your grep generates... interesting... output :) Useful, but I hope its not default.

A quick search on mysql's site isn't giving any indication when this was added - though there is mention of some replication flags with ignore-tables in 4.0.15 - since you're 4.0.16 I'm guessing that's not when it was added. Your other options are to expressly state the tables you want dumped
        mysqldump [OPTIONS] database [tables]
the old fashioned way. You can get listings of the database through php and just have an `ignore` array that skips them when building the dump command.

cheers,
--
- Martin Norland, Sys Admin / Database / Web Developer, International Outreach x3257 The opinion(s) contained within this email do not necessarily represent those of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.