is php compiled with postgre support? probably not from the sounds of it

bastien

From: Jon Crump <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: php-db@lists.php.net
Subject: [PHP-DB] pg_connect gets "fatal error"
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 11:29:59 -0700 (PDT)

Dear all,

I'm brand new at this and I'm trying to get Darwin/Apache/Php/PostgresSQL running on my iBook (OS X 10.4.2) with Tiger newly installed. Apache 1.3 is running fine, PostgresSQL 8.0.1 working fine, PHP 4.3.11 works except when I try to call a postgres function I get:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: pg_connect() in /Users/jjc/Sites/PHPtesting/hello.php on line 12

looking at "/private/etc/php.ini.default", it looks like postgres is enabled, so why doesn't php like any pg_ functions?

I've scoured the faqs and the archives. I've found this question asked before, but not answered.

Any help for a tyro?

Jon