On Aug 14, 2005, at 2:16 PM, Jon Crump wrote:

I'm guessing you're right, but it's not clear how I could tell. The output from <?php phpinfo() ?> doesn't really help much unless I know what to look for. On the one hand it says that DBX support is enabled and PostgreSQL is one of the supported databases, on the other, MySQL support is described explicitly, as is ODBC, but there is no similar section for the other "supported" DBs. If php wasn't compiled with postgres support, do I have to recompile it? how? Apologies if these questions are naive, but I am a rank tyro in these matters.

Look at the Configure Command in phpinfo(). It should have the flag "--with-pgsql".

One of the easiest ways to get PHP/PostgreSQL going on the Mac is to use this installer:

http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/php/

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL