better to use the sql UPPER/LOWER and keep your variable values the same

Bastien

From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <php-db@lists.php.net>
CC: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [PHP-DB] Case sensitive
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 14:29:56 -0400

One trick is to force the case in your comparison:

$ucstringinput = strtoupper($stringinput);
$qry = "select * from sometable where upper(address) like '%$ucstringinput%'"

Didn't think LIKE was case sensitive, but regardless... forcing upper or lowercase in your comparison doesn't affect output but will make your case sensitivity issue moot.

HTH

-TG