Try

exec('source /path/test.sh');

-jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Murat Beyhan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, December 23, 2005 1:42 AM
To: php-db@lists.php.net
Subject: how can I execute bash file by using exec or system

hello,

I try to execute bash script file by using following script

exec('/path/test.sh');

this test.sh file includes the Global Mapping Tools script and create
map.ps file taht is the epicenter distribution file of the earthquakes.

I have obtain epicenters.csv file by using PHP-MYSQL relation

$query = "SELECT Date , Time , Mag , Lat , Lon , Depth INTO OUTFILE
'$filename'  FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' FROM list WHERE Mag >0";

 than after I try to draw epicenter distribution map by using test.sh
file.All this can easily run on the console but by using php I could not
execute test.sh file.
I also use

system('/path/test.sh');

But also this could not run bash file.
Are there any people to solve my problem.
Thanks all.
Murat

______________________________________
XamimeLT - installed on mailserver for domain @deprem.gov.tr Queries to:
The views and opinions expressed in this e-mail message are the sender's
own and do not necessarily represent the views and the opinions of
Earthquake Research Dept.
of General Directorate of Disaster Affairs.

Bu e-postadaki fikir ve gorusler gonderenin sahsina ait olup, yasal
olarak T.C.
B.I.B. Afet Isleri Gn.Mud. Deprem Arastirma Dairesi'ni baglayici
nitelikte degildir.