Have you added the path to the extensions in the path/dir section to point to the extensions directory?

ext_dir = c:\php5\ext;

bastien

From: Andrew Kleimeyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: php-db@lists.php.net
Subject: [PHP-DB] Problem installing mssql extension
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 12:56:09 +0800

I've read all the documentation, and tried every suggestion, but I'm still
unable to run the mssql extension.  When I uncomment the line in php.ini,
PHP crashes.

My system:
Windows 2000
IIS 5.0
PHP Version 5.1.2-dev

What I have tried:
I've placed the ntwdblib.dll that came with php into the winnt/system32/
directory.  Nothing.
I've placed the ntwdblib.dll that is running on my mssql machine into
winnt/system32/ directory on the php machine.  Nothing.
I've copied the php_mssql.dll into the winnt/system32/ directory on the php
machine. Nothing.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.