if you read the manual, you would have read that mysql suport is not turned on by default for newer installations of PHP. You will need to go into the php.ini file and turn on mysql support by uncommenting the appropriate dll

Bastien

From: theBrem <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: php-db@lists.php.net
Subject: [PHP-DB] php_mysql not loaded under Apache but is there in CLI?
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 12:53:05 +0100

All,

I'm new to this news group - so apologies if I blunder.

I've just installed Apache2, MySQL and php (5.1.6) under Windows XP (haven't tried this under Linux yet). When I access via Apache as http://localhost/info.php there is no MySQL support - and testing it further I get errors trying to log on to the database via the web server.

However, if I use the CLI (e.g. php -i) the MySQL support is there - and I can connect to the database OK from the CLI.

Both sets of info show they're using the same php.ini file, they ARE the same version. I can't see what's going on.

Other loadable modules (e.g. php_gd) are loading as you'd expect in both environments - it's only MySQL that's affected.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
theBrem.