All,

I'm new to this news group - so apologies if I blunder.

I've just installed Apache2, MySQL and php (5.1.6) under Windows XP (haven't tried this under Linux yet). When I access via Apache as http://localhost/info.php there is no MySQL support - and testing it further I get errors trying to log on to the database via the web server.

However, if I use the CLI (e.g. php -i) the MySQL support is there - and I can connect to the database OK from the CLI.

Both sets of info show they're using the same php.ini file, they ARE the same version. I can't see what's going on.

Other loadable modules (e.g. php_gd) are loading as you'd expect in both environments - it's only MySQL that's affected.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
theBrem.