ROGER DEBRY wrote:
skip-networking is uncommented in the [mysqld] section of my.cnf

I did discover something interesting this morning. When starting the MySQL server with mysqld_safe, I cannot connect to the server with my php script. However, I started the server this morning with /etc/init.d/mysqld start, and the php script connects just fine. Can anyone tell me why the difference?

Permissions on the socket file most likely.

Skip-Networking should be uncommented (that is you only connect via sockets) unless you specifically need remote network connections.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/