ROGER DEBRY wrote:
The permissions on the socket are rwxrwxrwx -- I don't see how that
could be the problem.

But who owns the file? It should be owned by 'mysql', not 'root'.

If you want to know what the init.d file runs, add:

set -x

after

#!/bin/bash
or #!/bin/sh

whatever the first line might be.

That will print out the commands that the file is running.

"Chris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 10/29/2006 4:34 PM >>>