Hi,

Not really sure if this is possible.

I am using a fulltext search to search through very large entries. Basically
an entry might contain 200,000 words, which are searched for exact matches.

What I want to do is SELECT, say, the 300 words surrounding the exact match
from the 200,000 word entry and pass it to a PHP script, rather than
passing the entire 200,000 words to the script.

Am I explaining myself clearly? In other words I want to limit the amount of
text SELECTed, so that I am not wasting memory, etc, by passing huge
strings to PHP.

Is it possible? I've done a lot of looking, but the MySQL documentation is
pretty limited on fulltext. If it is possible, can anyone give me a rough
idea of how to go about it?

The end result would be the sort of contextual search text results that you
get in a Google search.

Many thanks

BMA