From: Andrew Blake [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2007 7:51 AM
To: Instruct ICC
Cc: php-db@lists.php.net
Subject: Re: [PHP-DB] mysql data truncation does not cause an error to
be thrown

Hiya
I could check the length of the field against the entry data and javascript myself out of trouble but i was more worried that there is no

error or message when mysql clearly returns one saying i've truncated this yet php ignores it completely. It should fail or know about the truncation at least !
Cheers for your reply though :-)

Andy

Instruct ICC wrote:
Using mysql_query if i try to force more data than a field can have
the
data is truncated yet no error is throw at all.
Is there a way round this ?
Cheers

Andy
This isn't exactly what you want to hear, but how about validating
your input before submitting a query?