Hmm,

This is kind of throwing a new twist on things.

When it comes to liability, who is liable, the merchant running the system, the
develper that created the system, or both?

If the develper is included, would that be mitigated in that he created the
system to the merchant's specifications?

Also, in terms of the developer, would this be covered under errors and
omissions insurance, or would they take the position that
the developer should have known better and was negligent in creating a
non-compliant system leaving the developer on the hook for
damages?

Gary