Paul Will wrote:
Hi,

When I attempt to connect to a MySQL database I have noticed that the
initial connection is made using the "wwwrun" userid (this is the userid
that my Apache2 webserver is running under.)

This is the output I see from the Firefox "View Frame Info Function"

Notice: Undefined index:  db in /srv/www/htdocs/LMsummary.php5 on line
23
Notice: Undefined index:  user in /srv/www/htdocs/LMsummary.php5 on line 24
Notice: Undefined index:  pass in /srv/www/htdocs/LMsummary.php5 on line 25
Notice: Undefined index:  host in /srv/www/htdocs/LMsummary.php5 on line 26

Fix these errors and it'll probably connect as the right user.

You're trying to access part of an array that doesn't exist, like this:

$db = array();
mysql_connect($db['host'], $db['user'], $db['pass']);

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/