listread wrote:
Greetings!

We are searching for names that might or might not exist in a 4 million row db and have to do a lot of fuzzy searches that often don't return results.

I would like the use to have the option of killing a query process. Since we are apt to have several queries running KILL QUERY doesn't seem to work. I would like to use KILL (process id) instead. We can use SHOW FULL PROCESSLIST to get a complete list of the processes, but we need for the code to identify which one to kill.

KILL <id> works on the process id.

mysql> show processlist;
+----+------+-----------+------+---------+------+-------+------------------+
| Id | User | Host      | db   | Command | Time | State | Info             |
+----+------+-----------+------+---------+------+-------+------------------+
| 40 | root | localhost | NULL | Query | 0 | NULL | show processlist |
+----+------+-----------+------+---------+------+-------+------------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

The first column *is* the process id.

Here's the question: How can I "flag" a particular query so it can be identified from the array SHOW FULL PROCESSLIST generates?

You can put comments in your sql:

mysql> /** generated by x */ select now();
| now()               |
| 2009-11-03 08:45:49 |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

--