On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 3:36 PM, tamouse mailing lists
<tamouse.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 5:36 AM, Ford, Mike <m.f...@leedsmet.ac.uk> wrote:

In thinking further on this, the OP might consider this problem as
well -- it is going to be difficult to determine the correct response
if all that is stored is the start and ending month and day of month
in the case where the desired time stretch wraps over to the new year.
When your start month is 12 and your end month is 1, what do you
expect to happen?

It can't generally be solved by using current year for the start and
current year + 1 for the end. For example, you may want to have
something start at current year, month=6 and end as next year,
month=8, so simply checking if end month < start month won't give you
the ability to discern if you've wrapped the year. (I realize this may
not be the OP's case, but it is still an issue if seeking a general
solution.)