Bastien Koert

On 2012-04-16, at 2:21 AM, Karl DeSaulniers <k...@designdrumm.com> wrote:

> On Apr 15, 2012, at 9:29 PM, Vinay Kannan wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've always been left wondering what Engine to use while creating tables,
>> I've read quite a few times about the same on wiki, articles etc....but
>> haven't actually been able to decide.
>> I wanted to know whats the storage engine used on MySQL on big web
>> application, the application i am developing currently, is kinda really big
>> and data intensive, we are looking at about 1,00,000 registration atleast
>> in the first few months, and their data lets say, each will have about
>> 10-20 operations, accounts etc... So the data can get really big and
>> troublesome to maintain, I am more concerned about the data safety, as in
>> crash recovery or auto backups etc...
>> Basically, if the MySQL DB crashes, we sholdnt be at a loss, and all the
>> data till the very last operation should be available as a backup. Any
>> headsup on this please?
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Vinay Kannan.
>

> Maybe google MySQL innodb.
> I think they have rollback and table locking.
> As well as foreign key capabilities.
>
> Limited exp. Sorry not much more help.
>
> Best,

InnoDB with replication should get you close to what you need. But it sounds
like you are also requiring some High Availability architecture so you may want
to look at fail overs using Heartbeat or some other tool to automatically
switch over to a new master.

Check out the http://www.mysql.com/products/enterprise/high_availability.html
or google 'MySQL high availability'