On 06/24/2014 08:12 PM, Ethan Rosenberg, PhD wrote:
On 06/24/2014 01:55 PM, Jim Giner wrote:Looking at your code again, I think that your query failed and your lack of error reporting isn't showing the error that occurred when you tried to access a property of the result which is not a resource but merely a value of 'false'.One should ALWAYS check the result of operations before assuming that they succeeded and proceeding onwards in code. Saves lots of lost time.Jim - Thanks. Error checking as per your instructions. No errors. Attached are two files. I tried to mimic the behavior of the program. One file does the data input and the second processes it. The display on the browser screen is select Cust_Num, Lname, Fname from Customers where Phone = '845-123-3298' here2here3 result..... Last Name First Name When the above query is run from the command line - mysql> select Cust_Num, Lname, Fname from Customers where Phone = '845-123-3298'; +----------+--------+-------+ | Cust_Num | Lname | Fname | +----------+--------+-------+ | 1 | Kitten | Gingy | | 1153 | Puppy | Woofy | | 1154 | Puppy | Woofy | +----------+--------+-------+ TIA Ethan
Jim - I think I know the problem. These two lines of code were added - $nmbr=mysqli_num_rows ( $result1 ); echo '<br />number of rows $nmbr'; The echo statement does not return a number.Therefore ... bad connection. The script failed at the output stage because there were no results.
I'm again attaching the two files. They are somewhat modified. The only thing in the first file is the form. The second file contains the calculations
TIA Ethan I have made the linnk $cxn a global variable in the in both scripts.
-- PHP Database Mailing List (http://www.php.net/) To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php