------------ Original Message ------------
> Date: Wednesday, March 18, 2015 00:23:00 -0400
> From: Ethan Rosenberg <erosenb...@hygeiabiomedical.com>
> To: Karl DeSaulniers <k...@designdrumm.com>, PHP Database List
<php-db@lists.php.net>
> Subject: Re: [PHP-DB] Waiting for localhost
>
> Karl -
>
> Thanks to you and all others that have replied.
>
> With a little bit of patience [which I should have used
> previously], I reran the the program both with form and with the
> JavaScript.  The program went to the next step [handleweight] BUT
> it took 5 min or more.  So...Apache is slow.  Any ideas??
>
> TIA
>
> Ethan

Ethan -- Unless you are seriously mucking with its configuration,
apache simply serves out what your underlying site/programming gives
to it. As such, it is highly unlikely that apache is the source of
your 5min. latency. If you want to see what is coming and going at
the server level, then review the access and error logs,
contemporaneous with the events (a -V at startup provides almost no
useful information about a server that successfully starts up). If
you don't find the default logged information to be sufficient, then
look at the options you can add to the custom log format -- e.g.,
"The time taken to serve the request, in microseconds".

In general, you need to understand how to do very basic debugging of
your code. You need to put debug statements in your code and/or use
debuggers to help you step through it. You also need to break your
code apart so you can clearly see what is happening (working or not)
stage by stage. Once you have things isolated, then providing all of
the relevant snippet as well as details like OS, web server/version,
programming language specifics (including version) may get someone
to help you.  Simply dumping reams of code or configurations to the
list isn't any more useful than things like "So...Apache is slow.
Any ideas??"  People on this list can be helpful, but we're not here
to do your work for you, and we're not mind readers. Provide
relevant details, showing precisely/explicitly what the issue is,
and you'll likely get an equally relevant response.

    - Richard