ID: 5350
Updated by: cynic
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Feature/Change Request
Assigned To:
Comments:

call_user_func_array()

that possibly makes sense, you´ve currently no option but using eval() to transorm
passed array args to an argument list...

I am looking to use this with existing PHP functions, not user space ones.
Specifically I would like to use this with ibase_execute() for the bindings.
I am writting a little database wrapper and I need to be able to do...
$res=DB("select * from Foo where bar=?", $reallygeeky);
and that arg list is of variable length so I want to be able to do my custom stuff in
DB() then toss the args in an array and call ibase_execute.
I have it working as it is, but it is ugly.  Right now I am building up eval() code
and having it return the resource into a global var.  Its ugly :)
Would be much easier if I could just build up an array and call
call_function("ibase_execute", $theargs);

What prevents you from doing:
$func(array("foo", "bar", "geek")) and opening that array in function?

$args=array("foo", "bar", "geek");
call_function("f", $args);

function f($f1, $f2, $f3) {
    echo "$f1 $f2 $f3";