ID: 6975
Updated by: sniper
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Compile Failure
Assigned To:
Comments:

No feedback. If problem still exists with PHP 4.0.4pl1
reopen this bug report.

--Jani

Does this happen also with the latest snapshot from http://snaps.php.net/ ??

--Jani

When doing a DSO build on a SunDS4 machine the (I think) final link fails with
pcre_memmove multiply defined.

On investigation, it seems that the configure script is not setting the necessary
defines for this platform in .../ext/pcre/pcrelib/. The header file internal.h in that
directory specifically tests for platforms like this which may not have memmove but do
have bcopy. But in the case where neither are found, it has a code snippet for
pcre_memmove which it includes. As soon as more than one .c file includes this, the
code snippet is expanded into each file, resulting in the multiple definitions the
linker complains about.

As the config mechanisms are sufficiently complex I haven't attempted to fix them and
supply a patch and this may in fact be a problem with what appears to be an externally
sourced library in any event. The fix for SunOS is to add a pair of #defines to
explicity set HAVE_MEMMOVE to false and HAVE_BCOPY to true. The compile/link suceeds
at that point.