ID: 9383
User Update by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

OK, I've done some research. This code fails to run (segfaults with the same symptoms
as PHP):

#include<mcrypt.h>

main() {
mcrypt_module_open("tripledes","/usr/local/lib/libmcrypt/algorithms","ecb","/usr/local/lib/libmcrypt/modes");

}

Anyway, what's interesting -> I have the module tripledes installed correctly (even in
that directory). But even the bundled ciphertest program does not find any working
algorithms under freebsd 4.2

After some research, it might be a portabilty issue, as this same configuration works
flawlessly on linux (RedHAt 6.2)
I'll contact the author of libmcrypt

2.4.7 does not work too.

Does not work with 2.4.8, trying 2.4.7

no problem. I'm just compiling it with 2.4.8, should I try only 2.4.7. Is 2.4.8 known
to have some problem?

Can you check out if libmcrypt 2.4.4 or 2.4.7 works fine for you? Assigning it to me
too.

The remainder of the comments for this report are too long.  To view the rest of the
comments, please view the bug report online.

Full Bug description available at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=9383