Updated by: sniper
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Directory function related
Assigned To:
Comments:

Does this happen with PHP 4.0.4.pl1?

--Jani

Hi Folks,

I have run into a problem using the dir() function.

The following code behaves properly on linux and does not using irix:

Contents of the dir (only folders) are:

CH104/
CH105/
CH120/
ABCDEFGHIJKL/
abcdefghijkl/

When I execute the following code:

chdir("$dir_path");
echo ("Dir Path = $dir_path<br>");
$dir = dir(".");
$dir -> rewind();
$file=$dir->read();
echo ("file is $file<br>n");
$file=$dir->read();
echo ("file is $file<br>n");
$file=$dir->read();
echo ("file is $file<br>n");
$file=$dir->read();
echo ("file is $file<br>n");

I get the following incorrect results (php 4.0.2, irix 6.5.7)

Dir Path = /Public/Web/db/msds
file is .
file is ..
file is CH104
file is CH105
file is CH120
file is ABCDEFþõ~KL
file is abcdefþõ~kl

So, it appears that if the dir (or file) is less than or equal to 6 char the
dir() function work correctly.  However, if it is longer, the name get
garbled.

On a redhat linux box (php 4.0.2), it works fine and I get proper dir names.
This behavior is the same for filenames not just dir names.

I have checked the bugs.php.net and email lists without finding information
related to this problem.  Hope I have not missed it some where...

Dean
Dean Waldow, Associate Professor             (253) 535-7533
Department of Chemistry                      (253) 536-5055 (FAX)
Pacific Lutheran University                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tacoma, WA  98447   USA                       http://www.chem.plu.edu/waldow/
--->    CIRRUS, the UG research resource: http://cirrus.chem.plu.edu/    <---

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!
To reply, use the web interface found at http://bugs.php.net/?id=9518&edit=2