From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: Solaris 2.51
PHP version:      4.0.4pl1
PHP Bug Type:     *Web Server problem
Bug description:  NSAPI PHP eating up all memory on server

I have NSAPI PHP module installed with my Netscape Iplanet Web server 4.1SP3. It can
run fine with all pages but then I checked memory usage thru "top" command, and it
seems that the Memory used by the scripts are not returned after completing the
script. This problem also happened when i used NSAPI PHP for Netscape Enterprise
Server 3.63, but the problem was not as signifcant then.

After a few runs of php pages with database + ldap:
1) For NES 3.63 PHP NSAPI, it jumped from 20MB to 34MB
2) For NES 4.1SP3 PHP NSAPI, it jumped from 30MB to 65MB

Is there a memory leak for PHP NSAPI or is there a way to force PHP to release its
memory? I have already set the memory limit to limit each script. (IT works), but
still the 1-2MB memory I Allocate to the PHP is not freed up after use.

I am running it under an enterprise server and I can't have PHP eat up all the memory.
It is imperative that i force php to relase it back for use, I know restarting
webserver works, but I can't possibly reboot a production server frequently

--
Edit Bug report at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=9584&edit=1